Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Another exciting DIY party coming up!

Hello ladies and gents!  I am so excited to start this blog so I can share all my creative ideas with you to make your parties fabulously DIY!  I recently had a beautiful and successful birthday party celebrating my 39th birthday with a Mad Hatter's Theme tea party.  I did some DIY projects including using toy playing cards as place cards as seen above and large playing cards as Table cards that doubled as menu cards.  I also used paper doilies as my chargers for my beautiful flowery paper plates -- yes I used paper plates since there were about 30 people who attended and plus the plates were so pretty that it made the table colorful and fun.  I also made faux clotted cream for the scones and marshmallow icing for the cakes.  I can proudly say that this was my first DIY tea party -- exhausting but very fun and rewarding!  Friends and family loved the party -- it was a blast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9rH-N6DejA -- This is a link to my video on how I threw the Tea party.  Here you will see alot of party details and DIY how to's.  It has 4 parts so enjoy!

I have another huge party coming up in the summer to celebrate our 10th Year Wedding Anniversary!  Yes, it will be another DIY event for me the DIY party hostess!  We are having it in our garden and it will be an all day and night affair.  I am already voraciously exploring the web for ideas and inspiration.  As the party draws closer, I will be posting tips, ideas, pictures that I am considering for the party.  I have 6 months to whip up a gorgeously DIY Anniversary party and I am certainly up for the challenge. 

Stay tuned ladies and gents for fabulous ideas, tips on how to be a DIY party host/hostess!

No comments:

Post a Comment