Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wedding anniversary Flower theme and Colors


My Wedding Anniversary party revolves around a single flower theme and 2 colors -- Lavender and Turquoise.  These were the original colors I chose for my Wedding 10 years ago.  The colors were fashionable back then as they are now.  For the flower theme of the party, I chose the beautiful and aromatic Lavender - which also happens to be one of my Wedding colors.  Lavender Fanatic's shipment of dried Lavender just arrived and I am so ecstatic as I smell the gorgeous scent of this herb and flower.

I think having a unified theme and color(s) sets the tone and accent of the party.  I am planning to get several bunches of Lavender  - fresh this time - to decorate the buffet and eating area.  These dried bunches will be useful for my projects.  One of these simple but oh so cute projects is my place card.





I've seen this in quite a few blogs -- embellishing place cards with flowers.  Instead of using a blade to cut an incision on the paper, I bought a heart-shaped hole puncher to punch cute holes on one of the sides of a mini flash card.  Then I inserted a sprig of dried lavender and voila!  Tres jolie!

Other projects I will do are my Thank you cards and favor gift bags -- will be writing a separate entry on those.

The Turquoise color will be an accent in the party.  I bought Turquoise fans to give to my lady friends to use at the party.  I am sure I will get gorgeous pictures as the ladies cool themselves with these hand fans.

Stay tuned ladies for more cute ideas and projects I will be doing for the Anniversary party.

No comments:

Post a Comment