Friday, December 9, 2011

Illuminating lanterns the safe and easy way...

Been quite worried about using burning candles for the cute lanterns I have bought online.  I know the lanterns will be fine with them but what about the tables they are on.  The lantern instructions stated to make sure the surface is heat resistant.  I'll be renting linen and tables for the June party and I can't run the risk of burning those linens.  One idea I had was to use heat resistant pads underneath but I like this idea better....


I placed my battery operated floral lights by Martha Stewart inside the lanterns and voila! Beautiful effect!  Any battery operated lights will do....so Christmas lights are perfect too!  My friend Rina's question on reusing bottles inspired me to do this.  Very simple and very safe.  I know my friends will love this as we continue to enjoy the party at night....(-;

No comments:

Post a Comment