Saturday, December 10, 2011

Summer hat project for a good cause....(-;


Braved the Holiday crowd and went to Michael's Craft store tonight to gather my materials for my floral summer hats.  I bought ten straw hats, a bunch of flowers, a few butterflies and some ribbon.  Michael's has a huge sale and I got the flowers for seventy-nine cents a strand -- very cheap!  The ribbons were a dollar per spool - not bad either!  Now all I need is a glue gun and my very talented sister, Lynn, to help me put all this together.   These beautiful summer hats will be sold at very affordable prices at the June party.  Proceeds will go towards my nephew, Lucian's college fund.  Lucian is my sister, Lynn's little son.  They are a young family and as such, need the support they can get from family and friends as they go through the challenges of family life.


This is what I have so far.  I took apart the flowers from their stems and arranged the flower heads on each hat to visualize the different designs for the hats.  Still need a few things like ribbons and perhaps more flowers.  My sister, Lynn, is coming over today to look at the hats and to help me with this project.  Its going to be a fun afternoon of girl bonding and crafts.

This is my very first attempt at making floral hats...and I luv it!

Me making my very first floral hat...(-;

My uber talented sister, Lynn

My gorgeous hat -- Lynn made this...(-;


I am wearing this to my 10th year Wedding Anniversary in June.  It will be a garden party so these hats will be just perfect!

So don't be afraid to grab that glue gun and start making your very own beautiful DIY creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment