Saturday, December 24, 2011

DIY Gift Basket

My dear friend, Candy, invited me to her family's home for Christmas.  It was a spur of the moment thing and I didn't have any gifts for them.  I then thought of putting together a gift basket with all sorts of goodies.  Went to Whole Foods Market and bought some cheese, crackers, fruits, nuts, spiced preserves, truffles and salami.  I had a few good bottles of wine so I included two nice ones in the basket.  Also used some of my lace fabric and wrapped everything in it:

Whole Foods Market goodies!

Wrapped everything in lace and tied it with ribbon.  Added some pretty artificial flowers for a more festive look.

DIY Party Hostess and Aunt Marly

Sure, I could have bought a ready made Gift Basket but it was so much fun to buy all the goodies I wanted to share with this wonderful family and to creatively put them all together in a big basket. I loved making this special gift basket and my good friend, Candy, and her family loved it too!
 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely gift! Happy holidays and thank you for becoming a Rosebud!

    ReplyDelete