Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Jars and cans

Been reading alot about using jars and cans as part of the party decor.  I am really impressed at how creative people have been in transforming these containers into really cute .... whatever!  For my June party, I am planning to use tin cans, small jars and yogurt jars as flower vases.  Mason jars will be used as drinking glasses as well as floral and tealight holders.  What I have pictured below is not pretty.  These are my raw materials - my blank canvas.  I tied a ribbon around the yogurt jar and mason jar to visualize my plan.  I stuck a flower on the side of the mason jar to show my intent of using it as a flower holder as well.  I got this idea from Martha Stewart - the DIY queen.  My flower and color theme for the party is lavender so I will be using fresh lavender sprigs instead of artificial flowers.  I know the jars don't look much right now but they will be gorgeous at the party, I'll make sure of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment