Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lavender favors for the June party

Been thinking about my Wedding Anniversary favors and wanted to make something for the ladies, in particular.  I scratched out the idea of making lavender sugar since there will be alot of people attending, about 30 + which means I would have to make and store alot of it -- too tedious.  Then I remembered something that I am already using -- lavender water spray!  I use this whenever I go to public bathrooms to make my stay more tolerable.  Read a few articles about it and alot of them suggest using distilled water with some form of alcohol.  I just use plain water and Lavender essential oil I buy from Whole Foods Market.  The result is simple and quite aromatic -- perfect for those places that need a refreshing aroma. 

This is how I make lavender water:
1.  Get a good mini spray bottle that does not leak.
2.  Fill the bottle with tap or distilled water.
3.  Place several drops of Lavender essential oil -- try 6 drops first then test spray to see if the smell is to your liking
4.  Once you are satisfied, reseal it and spray away!
5.  Make a fresh batch every 3 - 4 weeks.

Lavender water spray is also great for the office.  I use it during stressful moments when I need to relax.  Reminds me of my bedroom and immediately puts me in a calmer mood.

I will be adding my Lavender water spray to the list of favors I will be giving my guests at the June party.

No comments:

Post a Comment