Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Another lavender-inspired favor idea....

Been browsing the web for more creative ideas to use organic dried lavender besides the usual garnish for drinks and decoration for my place cards and favor bags.  Came across the idea of using lavender for bath teas.  Since lavender is pretty pricey, I thought of mixing it with another component but I did not want to use bath salts.  I have never been a fan of bath salts since I find them too drying for my skin.  I did an online search and found Oatmeal!  Oatmeal is very gentle and nourishing for dry skin.  My plan is to grind the oats and lavender buds together to make a very aromatic and soothing powder.  In my pantry, I found alot of unused Tea filters which I will use to contain the powder. 
After filling with the aromatic powder, I will tie the filter with a pretty lavender ribbon then insert some dried lavender sprigs on top to make a small bouquet.  What a perfect party favor!  I will even send the guests home with a container of the ground oats and lavender so they can enjoy more soothing baths in the future.

Easy ingredients to find and easy to make with gorgeous results!

No comments:

Post a Comment